VCAT Planning Appeals & Representation
Site Matters has extensive experience in representing both permit applicants and objectors at the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT).
In many instances we successfully negotiated with the Council and relevant parties to agree on an amended proposal prior to the hearing resulting in a significant cost saving for the client.
For representation before VCAT we have developed a methodology that will maximise chances of success incorporating the following:
- A detailed analysis of the development plans
- Advise on changes required to the proposal to reduce contentious or high risk elements.
- Assess the design principles, plan details and the quality of the presentation to ensure we best present your case to the Tribunal.
- Completing initial assesment and advise on applicable grounds for appeal if required.
- Lodgement handling and document serving to all relevant parties.
- Representation at mediation.
- Review of application and preparation of planning evidence.
- Presentation of case/expert witness statement at a hearing.
- Recommend additional expert advice to support the proposal and to address any specific areas of concern.
Site Matters has successfully managed and won appeals in the areas of retail and residential developments, Heritage Overlays, medium density housing, student accommodation, extensions to dwellings and advertising approvals.